Helpful Program Info
Cities & Towns We Are Made Up Of:
Portsmouth, Greenland, Rye, New Castle, Newington, Durham, Madbury and Lee
What Is Provided:
- Shoulder Pads
- Knee Pads
- Girdle (you can use your own)
What You Will Need:
- Water Bottle
- Maroon Game Socks
- A Positive Attitude!
- Learning while having fun!
GIRDLE: We strongly recommend buying a football girdle for your player.
The girdle has all the built in pads for the hips, thighs and tailbone area and many players prefer to have their own. Below are several different options we suggest:
What To Expect - PYF Season Timeline Of Events
Summer Skills & Drills (Optional):
Sundays Starting Jun 18 through August 6 (No July 2)
Learning & Conditioning - Sunday Evenings through the summer
* No Contact*
Gear Handout for Players doing Summer Camps:
Gear Hand-Out For All:
August 8th & 9th
Practice - Season Start: August 14th
- Practice will be Mon-Friday until school starts
- Then 3-5 days depending on the team
- There is typically no practice on the weekends, just games
Calendar Sales Fundraiser: ~Aug 16-Sept 16
- Athletes win prizes!
- Fundraiser for all the great things the program offers
Jamboree & Player Weigh-In: End of Aug
- Typically the weekend before school starts
- Typically starts early Sept
- Always on Saturday or Sunday
PYF - UNH Football Game: Sept 16
- Players get to form a tunnel for the UNH players
- Players get to walk the field
- Tailgating with Family & Friends!
End of Season: Early November
- Depending on playoffs
- It's easy, it's important!
- A couple convenient times
End of Season Banquets: Nov 20/21
- Celebrate the season's accomplishments
- Celebrate the players